Methanol After Cooler

acb92sc

Any one ever use or hear of a methanol/water injection kit on our SC's? I found a website, Snowperformance.net that claims up to a 60 hp increase for $300-$400. Any input would be appreciated.

kit..

Check out the turbobuicks.com website you will find more info on water and alcohol injection there than anywhere else. I have a kit made for a Grand National. It is made by a company called SMC. It is a really nice set up with in car control and adjustment. It keeps the intake charge cool and prevents detonation.

acb92sc said:
any estimates on how much power its worth on a bolt-on only SC?
I had 0 gains, like Mark said it will help with detonation problems. This mod is only usefull for high boost applications and should be at the end of your mod list

gain..

I gained a .10 in the quarter mile from it. The main thing it does for the car is keeping it running consistently in the quarter mile. Ecspecially if you hot lap the car or have a short amount of time between brackets.

These kits also keep minimize and usually eliminate carbon buildup..Which causes hot spots and detonation. I never dynoed any of my turbo or SC's cars with water injection but I can say I definately had less a problem with detonation and was able to run more timing without detonation..I'll probably be reusing my old kit on my new SC motor and I'll see just how well it works

Back