coil springs identification

Digitalchaos

I have recently considered whether or not my car is at its stock suspension height, and recent rear brake work is causing me to question this further.

It was observed by some helping me that my coils are exceptionally new looking, having little corrosion for an 11 year old car. I thought this was especially true do to the fact that my car has been exposed to corrosion, the rocker panels are in need of repair. I also observerd there is a bright green tag on the coil springs. I can no longer remember exactly what it said, but there was a sequence of four letters seperated by a - and a sequence of 4 numbers.

How can I tell if my coils are new, or even aftermarket?

I will probably take some pictures soon to display the fenderwell gap of my car, it seems less than normal to me.

The original equipment Ford springs usually have a green label with I.D. numbers on them. But it's pretty tough for us to help you more than that, if you didn't record the digits on the tag to post here for identification !! ;)

cheers,
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Thanks Ed, I was able to verify they all had this green tag attached.. therefore I know they are stock.

The car requires jacking for me to check the number, perhaps I will do that in the future.

Back