boost

MadMike1331

I was just wondering about boost in my 95 SC. The only time my boost gauge shows boost is when im going up a big hill or when i punch it in 5th. I was just wondering what the deal was. Ive added the 5% overdrive pulley and a raised blower top and it still doesnt show a difference in what the gauge reads.

It sounds like the little black hose that goes to the boost guage is cracked at the intake manifold. My 94 boosts at about 17 psi with a 93 pully.

Could you give me an approx. location of this litte black hose out of the intake manifold; drivers side passengers. Whats the diameter?

Hello. The black hose is a plastic like material that over time can crack or break in the presence of engine bay temperatures. I am not aware of the exact diameter of this hose, but it is very small 3/16"? and can be found running from a rubber boot off the intake plenum (behind supercharger) along the drivers side firewall, going to the inside of your vehicle. You can also see part of this hose from underneath the drivers side dashboard.

You can tape the hose, replace a section of it, or like most replace the entire thing from the plenum to the guage.

Back