Burnout Addiction

gotboostsc

SCCoA Member
I have a 1990 SC 5 speed, with flowmaster, k and n, b and m ripper shifter, rebuilt supercharger with 10% overdrive and removed air silencer. I have this addiction to burning out. I try to talk myself into not doing it so often but everytime someone wants to go for a ride, they always ask what can it do? What am I suppose to say, plenty, no i have to show it. After I do the burnout I feel bad about it cause I am beatin on it. Does anyone else have this addiction?

I used to until i had to replace my 2nd clutch and it started to slip on the 3rd one...it only been 3 months...Its a better addiction than drugs i always say..

Stephen

Save the burnouts for the weekend and drive nice in between. Just be easy on them powershifts from first to second. Pearl left plenty of patches when she was stock, never toasted a clutch from doing them either. Also, once you get the burn going, don't hold it above 4k rpm. Just keep popping the gas pedal. I keep em smokey between 2500 and 4k, and you get a variety of different whines and moans from the blower.

Oh ya, I got it bad too. I can`t help it. Nothing better than a tire roast from time to time. When some one gets on your bumper, Let em eat rubber. Sorry about all the smoke just don`t get that close next time!

i did my first friday after school :D im 18, grad year in highschool and the sun was just bustin out so nice after school this friday. infront where all the kids line up at the bus stop there were like 50 or so kids, and like some fine ladies....one of which i was in a bit of an arguement with.. so i pulled up, everybodys like awwwwwww **** cuz u know, its an SC, and im like "hey kirsten get in the car i'll give u a ride home" (as an appology) and shes like wahhh dont talk to me, all the toher ladies are like GET A RIDE WHAT ARE YOOU DOING? so im like fine.......revvvvv, revvvvvvv 4 grand faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttt *** burney......smoke, two sexy lines the works! i never beat on my SC, never redline until lately. that burney definetly was pinical, and toolin ricers tongith was fun too :D

yo, lower that black bird, it'll look so much better.

I went to the track today with some SC buddies. Afterwards I did a 2 gear funny car burnout. 1st time since I put the new tires on, and probably the last time.

burnout1.jpg

The 5-speeds always burn smoother if you 2 foot them when burning out. Otherwise mine hops all over the place and thats embarassing.

Last edited:
yah, i have eibach pro-kits in my trunk......i was gunna put em in sunday but as i posted in my other thread, i coudlnt' cuz i lost the key for my lock nuts... gotta order a key from ford to get those removed :( ah well

That sucks. I have the eibachs on my bird. I like them. But my shocks suck. I took out the stock shocks and put in some gabriel ultra's and disabled the auto ride by removing the actuators. Now the shocks are worn out after a year since they aren't meant for a lowered suspension. So now I gotta save up and buy some bilstiens or some koni's or something for a lowered car.

Here's a pic I took today at a gas station. I had to edit the brightness down since the sun was out and it made the photo blur a tad but oh well.

92.jpg

92a.jpg

Last edited:
thats hot........exactly what mine SHOULD look like minus the pin stripe u have on the sides there.....what was wrong with the tokico stock shocks? did they bust from the eibachs??

Well the stock shocks were just old and worn out, they were 11 years old when I lowered the car last spring.

Here you guys go check this big smokey!!!

03Cobra_burnout.jpeg

03Cobra_burnout2.jpeg

Last edited:
Not to bad...

haha... compared to my LS's last "smokeout" thats nothing... i had three seperate houses call the fire company and tell them the building next to me was on fire and then i had the whole fire company coming over to walburt ave. pa... that was the day... then i sold the cougar... or "The 6"

jOe

p.s. that is a hella-fkin-burnout posted by scott long... good job :cool:

Take them for a fast ride, forget the burnout. You can do a burnout with a 4cyl and that doesn't means its fast. Just take them out put it in first and get up to around 3000-3500 RPMS and hold it there in first then abruptly let off the gas and then slam back into it. It will make them come foward in the seat and then it will slam them hard into the head rest. Then run it up and grab second. :) That always worked for me.

scott long....

time for a cut polish on that paint eh? black is such a bitch because of it....i bet at night its so baller :cool: im going in for a cut polish soon, i have new paint but clear coat is weak imo....should turn out nice :D

ATTN: Scott Long...

Dude...You need to do some swirl removing...Dan H. would so be shaking his ead right now... :p

Yea...I am talking about the circular marks on your paint in the second pic you posted up...A lil swirl remover on the buffer wheel will ace it in a hurry and give it a glow instead of a haze...

Piece

Brad

That must just be the way the sun was reflecting off the car, it looks much better in person. Actually Dan H. commented on the car at Carlisle when he saw it in person and he was quite impressed with it.

Back