Running Pig Rich!!!

Dale Puumala

What are some causes to look for as to why I would be running so pig rich that the car isn't even driveable? I can't find any vacuum leaks.

See the picture below. Notice how black the ground is behind the tail pipes. Ack. Also, after taking it for about a 1-2 minute drive, I have absolutely no codes show up when I ran them.

Dale

rich.jpg

You would think you would get a O2 code after a while. There were no stored codes or running codes? If no codes EEC see all sensors within range. Maybe a external component like a fuel injector sticking? You could install a fuel pressure guage and measure the bleed down time after the key is off. You could also run a load balance test with a code scanner to test the injectors. Maybe the fuel regulator went bad and fuel is going through the diaphram into the vacuum line?

Good luck
Jerry

I just ran the codes after a drive. Here they all are. They are all KOEO stored codes.

157 - Mass air flow sensor circuit below minimum voltage.
158 - Mass air flow sensor circuit above maximum voltage.
173 - Lack of heated oxygen sensor switches. Indicates rich (bank #1).
177 - Lack of heated oxygen sensor switches, indicates rich (bank #2).
241 - Ignition control module to powertrain control module ignition diagnostic monitor pulsewidth transmission error.

What the heck is that last one?

Dale

I think you have a bad MAF meter. All the other codes will probably go away once you fix the MAF.

Jerry

Back