lock nut

ben04

so pumepd this morning....got up early, sunniest day yet! so hot out gunna lower my car on eibachs with a buddy..... open center cap, lock nut :confused: okay big deal go get the key.....NO KEY....any easy way to remove this aside from getting it cut (30 bucks) or calling up ford and waiting for them to order a replacement key (cost who konws?)

i just got a new one from ford. you need the mcgard # which is on the spare tire cover in the trunk. Mine cost 22 CDN after taxes.

I took mine off with a hammer and chizzle. Just try to split the nut in half, it will work and after the second one the other two will be a piece of cake.

i went to a merc dealer and sweet talked the parts guy to loan me one while i left my license with him. then i bought some real lugnuts. they should have a kit in either parts or the service shop. good luck

ya thanks guys.....i got a buddy who works at kal tire and i told him today at a car meet and he said he'd just grab the tools to break em off and do it for free so its all good.....i'll just buy some normal lugs after that until i buy a replacement lock-nut set :D

I like to use an imact socket that goes over the lock with a nice interference fit, a plastic hammer to slap the socket on and an impact gun to back it off. Usually works best to soak it overnut with some bust rust or other penetrant.

Paul

Back