pointers for reinstalling blower

turboken

ALL RIGHT!!!!!! After 3 weeks of sitting under my pool table (the supercharger, not me (-: ), I'm finally ready to put the blower back on! Those 12 hour days, 6 days a week have been kicking my butt, but last night worked only 9, so I'm ready to go. Any tips? It will be an hour or 2 before I start. It came off in an hour, so I figure it will go on in about 1.25 hours. Still haven't gotten the right belt yet, tho, which is no problem since I have a 10% pully and haven' done the exhaust yet. Don't worry guys, I can't drive until august, so I won't kill it. :rolleyes:

ken

simple really..

The hardest part is the gasket at the lower intake.. They make pins you stick down in the holes to kep the gasket in place. I have never been able to find them though... So I use flexible copper tubes about 8 inches long this will hold the gasket in place and make it much eaiser to put the SC on and keep everything in place.. Then remove the tubes one at a time while you insert the bolts use a magnet to put the bolts in place cause if they fall out they can be a real pain to retreive.. You can also put some tape in the socket then insert the head of the bolt in the socket this will keep the bolt from falling out as you reach for the hole....

Stocker,

What gasket are you talking about ? It sounds like your trying to install the supercharger and the intake manifold adaptor at the same time. All you need to do is loosen the clamp on the supercharger side of the bypass valve hose. The intake manifold adaptor/return plenum doesn't need to be removed to take the supercharger off.

David

Yeah Dave

Thats what I'm talking about I like to keep it all together.. So that way I have to just hook up the tubes to and fro intercooler.. Your way would work real good too...

stocker 89 said:
Thats what I'm talking about I like to keep it all together.. So that way I have to just hook up the tubes to and fro intercooler.. Your way would work real good too...

I think U guys(dave&Stocker)are both talking of 2 different parts of the Blower........

Dave you are meaning the InletPlenum behind the Blower that adapts to the intake Manifold(this would be virtually impossible to remove before the Blower, or with the Blower) & stocker is talking about the InterCooler Tubes.....

As far as tips for taking it off and putting it on(done it 100's of times) Really, it goes on just how it came off....its pretty simple......just remember the 2 coolant hoses on the TB and the 3 vaccuum hoses behind the blower(passenger side), and the 1 hose for the air bypass actuator(back drivers side)
Other then those u have the 10mm studs and the 15mm stud!!!! I torque my 10's at bout 22lbs and the 15 at bout 55-60lbs......as far and the spanner nut.....I use channel locks and smack it tight with a 8lbs sledge :eek: (tehehehehehehehehehe)hey it works!!!! :cool:

Oh Ya Stocker..........we have SuperCharged Birds.....NOT TURBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Highthawk

We know what we are talking about. I like to keep the manifold adapter/plenum on cause it is less you have have to do ... Lets say you just remove the manifold adapter/plenum from the lower intake and want to keep the the supercharger on.The pins (coper flexible tubes) would be real helpful with lining up the three holes then slide the gasket over the pins then slide the manifold adapter (that also connects to the plenum from the intercooler) over the pins then proceed to bolt it down removing the pins 1 at a time...

Yeah I know SC that means Six Cylinder right....lol

Well it is like this if you were from a different country and was raised your whole life thinking a lemon was a LIME and a LIME was a lemon... When you saw a Yellow lemon you would think it was a LIME..

So lets say a turbo is a lemon and supercharger is a LIME..Understand....

So In your society people actually call a supercharger a LEMON and a turbo a lime.. Well in my society it is the oppisite . We call a supercharger a LIME and a turbo a lemon...

I define a super charger as being after the MAF and THROTTLEBODY....So yes we do have superchargers (LIMES) and not turbos( lemons) But if you tought the oppisite then you would think I was crazy...

Hey...Stocker

Sorry...I guess i was the confused one... :p

Now that i put alot of thought into it....yes it would be possible to Take off the Inlet Plenum...But for the amount of time it takes to remove the blower(less then 20mins) is it really worth the hassles to work around it????

And those copper tubes or even Mcdonalds straws are a very good idea to line up the Gaskets, then slip the part over!!!!!!

I guess i should have kept my 2 cents to myself....tehehehe :cool:

Peace

McDonalds straws good idea.HAHA Yeah man

Hey no problem ...
Just chatting and watching the national championship...

Yes I also define a super charger as a roots style blower a such as Eaton , MP , or a whipple there are others also... Even on a carborated car the supercharger is after the throttle plate on the carb...

Well I would hate to take off the complete supercharger just to change the manifold adapter to lower intake gasket... Take care and good luck...

Back