How much boost should I expect?

35th T-bird SC

I didn't do anything and the car runs good and idle's perfect on it's own now. I guess it relearned or burned off some assembly lube or something. One thing though, while at WOT i'm getting like 7-8 psi. I knows it seems low but I have opened the exhaust and put ported manifolds on with no cats. It also seems to miss under WOT. At idle I get 20 in. hg and the mysterious air hiss when I shut the car off disappearewd on it's own too. Weird?

Sounds like common vacuum leaks. Pearl did the same thing when I first put her back together. I assumed the same thing. Then I was check things for breakage, and noticed small oil marks coming from the bypass valve coupler. I forgot to tighten down the clamps. :eek: That too, gave the hissing noise. I still got a solid 10psi with the leak, but after tightening the screws, I got 7psi more. Just check everything.

Could the air hiss be from the bypass valve. I didn't take it apart when I pulled the whole TB, SC, plenum off together but I'll check everything for tightness maybe with propane?

Back