Engine compartment

kenewagner

I finished painting the engine compartment on my SC. I still have a lot of clean up on the engine itself and the front bumper cover. I want to get started getting the body ready for painting. The weather is getting nice and I want to get my car on the road. Later this year I want to get back to the engine compartment and make the engine shine. This started as just a FMIC project but I continue to get side tracked with other changes. It has come out nice so I thought I would post a few pictures :)

Attachments

• DSC00117.JPG
    DSC00117.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 327
Looks nice Ken. At some point in time, I'd like to come see that setup. You went with a custom front mount, right? Not the Magnum Powers FMIC?

-Andy "Melon"

kenewagner :)

Looks great, I'm working on my head gaskets now, and last week I was thinking of add panels to the wheel wells. Thanks for showing that it looks good. Love the intercooler where ya get it from?

The IC is (2) stock intercoolers side by side with custom pipes and a 1.5" raised top. I was bothered by the big hole left by the battery when I moved it in to the trunk so built a panel over it and liked it so well I decided to put a panel over the other side to make it look balanced. I had to build a new base to lower the stock air cleaner top so the panel would be flat like the other side and relocate the overfill tank next to the radiator. I have seen some beautiful engine compartments here on these forms but none with panels

Looks really good, Ken. You're not going to have it in Scribner on the 10th are you? I'd really like to see it up close and personal.

I want real bad to run it up there but I dont know if that will be doable. I might try to bum a ride up there so I can at least see everyone elses SC run and spend some time with SC die hards

I'm going to have the '92 there to get a base run before I start my mods to it. Does have a few from previous owners, but nothing like what I'm going to do to it...Did I mention that I'm pulling a 351W in the near future??? ;)

Keep me updated. It sounds like a great project. This car is my first real street project. I started a V8 monza years ago. I was putting a warmed over 400 small block with a narrowed 12 bolt and 4 link suspension but I had to sell it to pay for a divorce, not caused by the car. It is nice to give it ago again

Hey Ken - If you can get a ride to Blair, you can ride with me to the track and back.

E-mail me (MelonSC@msn.com) to let me know what's up.

-Andy "Melon"

Cant make the track day Andy. I sent you an E mail to let you know. Hope we have another one yet this year so I can run this SC down the track. Did you ever make up a list with all the local club members telephone numbers together so we can get ahold of each other? Let me know, Thanks

Back