vibration

95scred

i posted not to long ago and didnt get much for replies, so im going to be mors specific. basicly i have a vibration when im driving. its that bad, i actually dont really notice it, i guess cuz im use to it, but my father drove it the other day and he was the one who brought it to my attention. the vibration is only there when im crusing. if im touching the gas even alittle it smooths out, but then its back when i let off the gas. the car also has a little rough idle, but that isnt all the time. what would be the best places for me to look, i really dont want to take it to a mechanic if its something i can do myself, or atleast tell them whats wrong if i cant fix it, so they dont have to waste time looking for whats wrong.

I would start with the drive shaft or rear end. It may have a bearing going out and when it is under load it is not loose enough to vibrate. Also when my motor mounts were crushed, it seamed to have a vibration because the oil pan was resting on the cross member.

Hey, check this out:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43776
Sounds like you have similar simptoms. Is it usually when your in gear and not so much when your in park? See if you have that pro. Ive done many searchs and it seems to be a comon problem but i have yet to find a direct reason. Me and quick35th think it may stem from a bad IAC. He is going to do some testing. Let us know if you are suffering from the same simtoms. We want to get this all worked out. Also what mods have you done recently? how many miles you have on it? I imagine close to 150+/- and thats alot for somethings like that. Tryin to help everyone. Zach

the car is all stock still, with 94000 on the car both the engine and tranny were rebuilt before i bought it thers almost 8000 on them now

Back