what kind of quarter mile times do you expect

tadmichael22

Okay guys I am running out of money for this thing and just wondered what kind of wuarter mile times you all would expect out of what I have before I try to dump any more money in it. I have a 93 SC with 42# injectors, 75mm pro-m mafs, 70mm TB, ported heads, exhaust manifolds ect. magnicor wires, dual echaust, 10% overdrive pulley and underdrive pulleys, Apten chip, 3' intake tube w/ 9" K&N cone filter, cold air divider, removed A/C condensor and lines, I also removed all the weight I could, back seat, spair tire all JBL stareo related weight. Also any ideas on what Would be the next part I should try. SPEED IS LIKE A DRUG ONCE YOU START YOU CANT STOP EVEN WHEN YOUR BROKE. YOU WILL DIG UP MONEY SOMEHOW!!! :D
Thanks Tad

Depends on how well your heads are ported, and if you have other head work like bigger valves. If you have good heads you should hit some low 14's.

auto or 5spd?

Auto, 14.5ish
5spd, 14.2ish

Gears would be my next move if I were you, then a ported blower (MPII), IC upgrade and matched MP inlet. That'll get you solid 13s for sure (assuming decent traction/driver).

Sorry, it's an auto. I just ordered a set of bfg drag radials. They should be here tomorrow. Hopefully those will work well. I was hoping for high 13's but by the looks of it this wont be possible with the mods I have then??
Tad

Tad, I think you could hit 13's with the mods you have.

(time below was on street tires, and I have less mods than you!) :)

you could hit the 13's with good traction etc. i just went to the track last sunday with a removed air silencer and a really poor a** exhaust job, thats it! and i ran a 14.7.

Or your SC could be one of those slugs like mine was. I had headers, full exhaust, raised top, 5% pulley, 3.73 gears, trans-go shift kit and a K&N panel filter.

The best I could manage was 15.0 @ 89 and I didn't have traction problems. I think mid to low 14s is a resonable expectation.

David

Back