Real Guages

Thomas95SC

I want to put in some real guages in my car so that I can get an actual reading on what my car is doing. Like a set of guages that will tell me How much oil pressure I have and the coolant temp. Does any one have anything like this? Im tired of this norm range crap.

I thought of this too, my idea...

Ok listen up to my idea.

Take a real guage for measuring, for example a mechanics coolant guage or a oil pressure guage etc.

Then as you measure the fluid with your mechanics guage, make hash marks on the stock guages for reference later (obviously, you will need to have your stock instrument cluster still hooked up/ with the clear cover off).

Now with your "template" guages, you will have a rough idea to what the temp (or oil pressure) is when the needle is pointing at say "N" or "M" for example.

Then talk to one of our friendly custom guage face makers to actually pick a typeset and make a custom set of guage faces for your stock cluster.

Did you understand this? Or was it too confusing?

Yeah I understand. I was looking to get some that would mount on that railing thats by the windsheild. I think they are called pod guages or something.

guages

Hey guys,

Ya, I know what you are looking for. The specific name for that rail is the A-pillar, and you can get a dual or triple guage pod for it. You can find them at www.guagepods.com/ford.html. There you can choose your color interior so it will match and you can get the double and trip's there.

I am soon going to go with a triple A-pillar pod with a steerer cluster pod :) . A molded interior piece that fits onto the top of your steering panel( where your emergency light button is at). I want to keep really close tabs to what is going on in my car, with four more guages that look clean I can do that. I don't know what style of Autometer guages I am going to use. But I am going to do a volts, boost, air/ fuel pressure guages and I don't know what the last one will be.

You can end up spending close to $300.00 :( dollars depending on what items you want to monitor. My set up will be around that price, but you can jump in on it at a much cheaper tag. I am just all about cleanliness and style. Hope this helped you out a little.

Have a good one,
Brandon

bbird94 said:
.....with a steerer cluster pod :) . A molded interior piece that fits onto the top of your steering panel( where your emergency light button is at).

Are you making this yourself? Or does somebody make one?

Back