supercharger

ok so can i use fluid from an 03 cobra or lightning?? the dealer sais that the fluid is no longer available for my 92 sc.

There are multiple options.

You can use the OEM fluid from a Ford dealer.. GM dealers stock the same fluid usually at cheaper prices.. The SC factory manual specifies that you can use Mobil 1 synthetic 5w-30 (what I use), and you can purchase BP2380 turbine oil from www.oil-store.com. I consider this the best option, as its cheapest and is superior to all the other alternatives.

Hey Digitalchaos, I never knew that you could use the Turbine Oil in the blowers??
I'm in the process of rebuilding a blower and called Ford about oil last week for oil and was quoted somewhere areound 30 bucks! I assume that the oil meets the requirements for the sc oil. how long does this stuff last?
Thanks!
Andrew

trust us

89_Red_Xr7 said:
Hey Digitalchaos, I never knew that you could use the Turbine Oil in the blowers??
I'm in the process of rebuilding a blower and called Ford about oil last week for oil and was quoted somewhere areound 30 bucks! I assume that the oil meets the requirements for the sc oil. how long does this stuff last?
Thanks!
Andrew
been using mobil 1 over 2 years now no problem :confused: :eek: :D :cool: :rolleyes: :p

I use the BP2380 too...I learned about it from ESM, they have been using it for many years in their ported superchargers.

I bought a quart at a local airport for about $8 last year.

David

Im a newbie when it comes to the SC so here's my question? Since the 94-95 Superchargers are coated are these alternate lubricating oils still ok to use in them?
Seeing as how im in the aviation field the BP2380 is readly avaliable to me.

Just as an added note, I got some supercharger oil Saturday 4/24/04 from Ford. 18 $ per 4 oz. But they do have it still. At least the one here did.

Back