Lots of Error Codes PLEASE HELP if you can

superbird92

Have some major problem with something electrical or a sensor not for sure. Here is what is going on. I was driving my car home the other night and all of a sudden it decided to seem to be running on only a few cylinders and the check engine light came on. At first I thought it may be something with the exhaust but I ran the codes and this is what I got. The codes are 711 (which is not listed anywhere) 129, 167, and 225. I really need to know what the code 711 means but have found nothing. When you start the car up it idles lower and it shakes badly. When you try to take off there is no fast response the boost goes up but nothing else. Slowly you will start to go but that’s about all. If there is anything else anybody needs to know to maybe help me out I will give you as much as I know. If there is anything I can try to fix it I will also. I am looking at trying to get this fixed so I can have my SC back. I have a 92 auto super coupe. PLEASE HELP if you know anything.

Thanks
Josh

no mods have been done to the car for over a year. I had to change a sensor on the front part of the motor but other than that nothing. I am concerned about the code 711. I took my car to a local repair shop and had them run the codes. They cleared the codes and got the same ones back next time they started the car. I havn't changed the plugs or wires but i think that is needed to be done here shortly anyway. Have you ever heard of a 711 error code?

I saw a thread like this once...

Guy had a ton of codes... Anyway it turns out he had a bad IAC anyway that caused everything to be messed up ... He fixed the Iac and the codes were gone.. I'm not saying this is your problem this is just an example of how one thing effects another....

As fas as code 711....I ran codes for a guy with a bronco once anyway it was code 636 TOT sensor out of test range something like that anyway we could not figure it out. Well what it is Transmision Oil Tempeture sensor (TOT).. The guy didn't even have a Transmission Oil Temp sensor on his bronco... But every time we ran the codes it would pop up. Another case a 90 crown vic No EGR on it did not come with a egr from factory.. Everytime we ran the codes it would show up...

I wouldn't worry about code 711 The EEC is capable of alot of things .. It is possible that it was to be used for something but never made it in to production on the vechicle.. Without voltage running to a sensor that is supposed to be there it will always throw a code. Who knows maybe it was supposed to be a differential oil temp sensor...LOL

Sounds like you didn't so a KOER (key on engine running test) properly. There is a point in the test that is called dynamic response. At that point you have to mash the accelerator down quickly and then let up. All of the codes you list are for a failed dynamic response.

I don't think you have any real codes. Read the manual on the scanner you are using to read codes on how to do a KOER test.

Jerry

Back