Differences between these motors?

TintedChrome

Well, haven't been on here in a while.. The SC is coming along slowly, but that's not what this thread's about..

Some of you may remember I had a ghetto-assed cougar that got hit a while back.. never got that fixed, and the car was in poor shape to begin with. Anyways, to replace it I bought a 1988 Continental.. FWD, 3.8L...

Now, my question is this.. Is the 3.8L engine in the Lincoln the same internally as the 3.8 I've got in the Cougar? Or is it stronger, like the supercharged 3.8? Basically, can I pretty much install the supercharger setup from my SC motor onto the 3.8 in the Lincoln, or would it require the same modifications a normal NA 3.8 would require to accept the supercharger reliably without blowing it up?

Thanks,

P

Don't even think about it. Stop wasting time and money on scrap iron and build your SC already. We need someone to deflate Wayne's ego. :eek: :eek: :( :mad: :) :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :D :confused:

LOL Mike.. if the 3.8 in the Lincoln is beefy enough, I already have everything I need to add the SC.. no real expense except for gaskets and new bolts really.. I just want to give it a little more "oomph"

The 'Coupe is being worked on.. slowly but surely.. It's damn expensive LOL It turns out I need to replace almost everything except the body.. and even then I'm gonna need to fab up a new hood..

Superbird281 said:
Don't even think about it. Stop wasting time and money on scrap iron and build your SC already. We need someone to deflate Wayne's ego. :eek: :eek: :( :mad: :) :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :D :confused:

If you have enough, pull beside.

Back