brake problem

nachomoose

i am having a brake problem, i was wondering if it has happened to n e one b4, but the brakes work most of the time, but sometimes they go out, does n e one know who could cause this

Need more info

What year SC? (the ABS is different for '89 -'92 and '93 - '95). Do you notice any warning indicators on the instrument panel when you apply the brakes? When you turn the key to ON, can you hear the hydraulic pump kick on?
Could be something easy (inexpensive), or could be more complex (costly). One thing for sure, the longer you let it go, the more it will cost you....

You've got a pretty brief explanation of your symptoms. Try to be more specific. Also do a search for the following items:

"Accumulator"
"Brake Pressure Switch"
"Brake Relay Switch"

Just initially judging from your post it sounds as though your pressure switch is going out. I'm assuming that you have an '89-'92 SC which uses the integrated ABS system (Teves II, I think). The pressure switch controls when the pump turns on and off. Your accumulator may also be starting to fail and not hold the pressure. And it could also be the relay. So without a little more information, it is hard to tell what it could be.

Some questions that need answered are:
Is the ABS light and Brake light on and how often?

How do the brakes feel?

Is your ABS pump running all the time?

Those questions will help better determine what is going on with your brakes.

nachomoose said:
i am having a brake problem, i was wondering if it has happened to n e one b4, but the brakes work most of the time, but sometimes they go out, does n e one know who could cause this
dough n t no fff w e ca n huh-elp u wuh-ith suh chu jen air ikkk des gr ip shun. ;)

Back