Tranny help

gbabione

Hi everyone. I am in need of some help with my AOD tranny. A few months ago, I took my SC to a Ford dealer to have the tranny checked. This was knowing it leaked and OD slipped. They found nothing wrong with it. 2000 miles and a few quarts later, the OD goes out! So I buy a supposedly rebuilt and somewhat used tranny from a friend of my brother. I believe it came from a Mustang. I change the filter and fluid and install it. When I first drive it, the engine had to rev up pretty high before it would shift and then shift really hard. As I drove it, it got better. I thought maybe it just needed to get the fluid flowing through it. Each time I drive it, it is the same thing though. Today it started to slip at take off and I had to rev the engine a little to get it to move in reverse. I checked the fluid as I have been since installing because the front seal is leaking. It is showing to be overfilled. It has not been overfilled and I have checked it warm everytime. I have tried to adjust the TB cable. What is causing the shifting problems? Is it because I didn't use the throttle body out of the old tranny? Why is the fluid high now? I only need this tranny to last until I rebuild the old one better than new. Please help me get through the Summer!

sounds like the TV cable needs to be adjusted correctly. A tranny shop might do it for nothing.

NMxr7SC said:
A tranny shop might do it for nothing.

While you're at it have your oil changed at Jiffy Lube. They might not charge you either. Man Jeremy, where is the entrance to your world, I like it better than mine. :D LOL!

hey, when it comes to f#$%ing up AODs, I'm your man! hey chris lets go to the track tomorrow. i'm down to a 1/4 tank of gas. i might be able to get into the 15s! wishful thinking.

I just changed the filter and fluid. For some reason, the tranny just started shifting correctly yesterday. Maybe there was some dirt in a port or something that cleared out and is allowing me to get the right pressures.

Back