IC Fan, Yes or no?

GREATWHITE666

hey guys, ive done a lot of searching and found mostly good responses on an ic fan. i just wanted to ask if the IC will help keep my car cool, im not looking if it will add hp (which would be nice), it's just that summer is coming and im looking for cheap ways to keep the engine cooler. does everyone reccomend it? i saw some say they didnt notice anyhting... thanks!
-Damon

More than anything else, the IC fan will help the engine run better on hot days. Since installing mine, I've noticed that I can touch the IC & tubing after the car has been running, wheras before it was almost too hot to touch. It definitely keeps things on that side of the engine cooler.

IC fan

I didn't notice that it made any diff on my H2O temp but any thing that can be done to lower intake temps will make it run better,reduce chance of detonation and provide some insurance for your HG's.

running cooler

If you want to cool it down get a 180 thermostat and a cool fan switch to lower the temp when the fan cuts on.My fan comes on as soon as needle goes north of the "N",then temp starts back down.This is definately good HG insurance.

Well here's the up's and down's

The IC fan WILL NOT reduce coolant temps. That is NOT its job. The job of the SC intercooler fan is to reduce air charge temps.

Best way to put it is that for every 10 degrees of air charge drop, you gain 1% horsepower.

So:

300 hp motor (just for calculations)

air charge drop of 30 degrees

increase in HP is 9 hp.

So, this is how the intercooler fan works.

If you REALLY want to reduce temps, get the shortened A/C condensor from AIR CON. They are in the links section. This removes the obstruction from in front of the intercooler.

IMO, a fine option to help engine life also.

Don

Back