idling

maxim123

My car started idling high after i changed the blower a while back.. (having let the car sit so long i forgot how to adjust anything)... So i have been driving around for a week idling at 2000-then drop to 1200. i backed out the idle screw all the way and made no difference.. hmm i guess thats all i could do.. i forgot all about the IAC adjustment screw.. adjusted that, well turned it all the way in and it brougfht the idle down to 1250- then drops to 1000. what could ben the cause of the high idle.. i cleaned the tbody and that seemed to help.. any ideas..

You may also want to check for the proper operation of the Idle air control valve.. If this unit fails it will give a high idle like you describe. Do you hear a howling sound upon shutdown or during other odd times?

I believe you can remove the IAC and blow into it to verify.. if you can feel your air exiting the valve, its diaghram has ruptured.

idle

its not making any sounds, or leaking at the IAC..i think it may have something to do with removing the superchip... i remember having issues with it idling low with the chip so i adjusted everything to keep it from dieing..

Back