Will I hurt my replacement speedometer if I...

quick35th

remove the speed sensor in the tranny and attach a drill to the gear and spin it so that the odometer increases in mileage.

Pretty much I have given up on the speedo that is in the car since now it gets stuck just bellow 70mph. I have a replacement speedo that I have been trying to increase the mileage on by using a thin screw driver and turning the gear in the back to increase mileage. I have given up on this way as it takes way to long (it takes alomst an hour to increase 1K) to get the mileage to where it needs to be. Right now it is at 91K and it needs to get up to 163K. So now I have come up with the idea of having a drill do the work for me. I would just leave the ignition on and have a pair of vise grips hold the handle down on the drill. Will this idea work and has anyone done it before? My biggest worry is that I would chew something up in the speedo. COULD or WOULD this happen?

Is there any other way that might be faster/safer to get the mileage on the second unit the same as my faling one?

Thanks!
Shane

Back