Drive belt opinions

Thomas95SC

I need to replace my main drive belt that runs all my accessories. I went to autozone and all they had was a Kelly-Springfeild belt? Are these any good? I wanted the Gator Back but they have to order it. I went ahead and bought it because im not sure how much longer my belt is going to last. The only other belt that the other auto stores had was a Gates belt. Which belt would be the best? Im thinking of putting on the one I bought for now and replacing it with a better one later on. Any opinions?

I think any new belt is likely better than your old belt
but Ive heard that the gy gatorback are supposed to be among the best
ive had no problems with the gy's im using
they have unique groove design to them thats supposed to offer less resistance and noise

but hey a belt is a belt--when it starts dry wrougting or cracking you gotta replace them no matter what brand
g/l

i use the gates on the main drive belt ,and the gatorback on the supercharger,the gates would squeal after 5000 miles on the supercharger,the gatorback on there now has like 15kplus on it and has never made a sound.i just ordered new belts and a temp sending unit from our local store.i figure i should replace them,they look kinda cracked and real shiney on 1 side...

Back