How many times have you changed plugs in one day?

XR7 Dave

Hopefully no more than once. I pulled plugs on this doggone car 5 times today. Man do my hands hurt! First I changed plugs, then I did a compression test, then I checked the plugs again, then I did a leakdown test, then I changed the plugs because they were all fouled again, then I did a compression test again. Oh ya, and I swapped wires in there somewhere. Then I came in and cleaned up with dish soap. I think I'm gonna cry.
cryin.gif

my most

was 4 times in one day-didn't realize I was using a 4.6 maf, causing the car to flood within 5 minutes of running-sucked, but good practice. Hope the car will be done soon-can't wait to see the results-good luck, mike

3 times. First went in the bosch plat's, then plat4's, then motorcraft. Amazing what a difference the wrong plugs will do.

With the 95 Mustang headers it's even easier than stock and I can do it in about 30 minutes now. I put the car on ramps and go all from the bottom for the plugs.

Jerry

Yeah, the 94-95's are easier. But my 90 xr7, what a pain. That was an easy 45-60 min. job. Usually ended up with some cuts and scratches too. ;)

i've done em twice in a day, they arent as hard as everyone says to be, takes me maybe a half an hour to do em all thats including jacking it up and removing the intake pipe, dont need any extensions, just one 3 incher on the very first driverside plug

Back