Motion performance hood

adpsmp

Does anyone have pictures of the Motion Performance Hood for the 94-95 SC installed? Also, I have read that they need some modification to fit? What all, if any is needed?

Last edited:
Hoods

I have a similar post relating to all of the cobra r hoods, that I posted yesterday or the day before and there have been no responses, strange, figured enough people would have some knowledge about them, no wonder I don't come here that much.....

I have the Legendary/Motion hood. This is the only picture I have since all my others got wiped out. I have a '95.

Attachments

• side_view.jpg
    side_view.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 343
Thanks Andy. You saved the day. All the pictures I had that were on our campus server were destroyed.

Duane - I'll see if I have any of the others around that you had me take of your car. I'm not positive if I do - they weren't with all the SC Shootout ones I had, but I may have put them somewhere else.

Sucks about the campus computers crashing. Why don't you back that stuff up once in a while :D Save yourself a little frustration hehe

-Andy "Melon"

thanks guys...onto the other part of my original post...did you have any problems with fit/finish? Did you have to make adjustments or did it fit initially? and....did you have any problems with the hood latch, hinge bolts, etc?

My hood was a very early one, maybe even the first one produced, so the holes for the hinges didn't line up but I didn't have any latch issues. The holes had to be enlarged and countersunk so that the bolts wouldn't hit the fender. Now, I'm not even sure if Legendary makes my style of hood anymore. I believe they have switched to the Cobra R hood. A quick call to Legendary should solve that.

Also, my friend Tony Serno has a Legendary Cobra R hood and I believe the hinge holes and those issues have been fixed. Overall, I believe his hood installed very nicely. Dale Puumala also has a Legendary Cobra R Ram Air hood and I don't believe he had any major issues with the hood. I do believe both hoods had to be sanded really well but that's expected.

Overall, their hoods are a much nicer quality than my hood but mine was a early model and not a Cobra R hood.

Cobra R Hoods

I am not sure this concludes the answer to the original post, he asked about the Motion Performance hood then the reply goes on to dicuss the Legendary/motion hood, on the TCCOA website in which I am sure both of us are getting our hood info from, the Motion and the Legendary hood are 2 different hoods @2 different prices, it sounds to me like everyone is describing the Legendary hood, am I wrong? I am also interested in the fitting of these hoods.....

Hey wookie, thanks for letting me know how busy everybodies life is, my comment was no offense to anyone here, I have been coming here since 98,and have enjoyed this site for years, my comment was just suggesting that it seems to be somewhat of a ghost town around here sometimes.

I lumped them together because it's my understanding that Legendary Cars Inc. makes the hood for Motion Performance. I bought my hood from Motion Performance and then had those issues with the hinge bolt holes. When I called Motion Performance, I was directed to Legendary Cars Inc. who was the manufacturer of the hood. I then talked/worked with Larry, owner of Legendary Cars Inc., on my hood. So there you have it.

Help!!!!

I need some assistance on where to get this hood still, everyone has said check the section on the TCCOA website. It says motion performance sells the hood for $299, but the # for them is wrong, called and they said that motion hasn't had that phone# in 3 years, I also called Legendary, on the site it states $350, when I called the guy said $450. I s there some kind of dicount related to these sites or is that just bad info on the prices....

Any assistance is appreciated, it just kills me after all these posts no answers these ?'s, I would think these companies would be on these boards updating us with info and trying to sell their products......

The number I have for Legendary Cars Inc./Larry is 1-800-346-2426. I really can't say much about price because I bought mine over 3 years ago for $299 but I'm sure that price has increased over the years. The number I got for Motion Performance was acquired from a MM&FF magazine. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen their ad in MM&FF for quite some time now.

I don't believe there are any discounts and I think the information is just out of date, that's all.

Back