How To Test A/c Compresor?

wingrg

HI! I WONDERING HOW TO TURN ON DIRECTLY THE A/C COMPRESOR, MY 89SC HAVE NO A/C SYSTEM WORKING YET, BUT I WANT TO MAKE SURE THE COMPRESOR IS IN GOOD CONDITION, I JUMP THE PRESSURE SWITCH ALREADY AND THE COMPRESOR DONT TURN ON, WITH CABLE IN THE COMPRESOR IS + AND WITH ONE IS -? CAN I APPLY DIRECT VOLTAGE TO THE COMPRESOR TO TEST?

THANKS !

IF ANYONE CAN POST A COPY OR PICTURE OF THE UNDERDASH FUSE BOX COVER TO SEE WITH RELAY IS WITH ONE :confused: IM GOING TO APRECIATE.

I think you can just attach a + and - wires onto the compressor its self. Thats how I tested my dad's compressor in his taurus. To see which is pos and neg look at the harness that plugs into it. It must have a black wire (obviuosly ground) and the other is a different color...red, black, green, white, etc. As long as you have a black one, you should be fine.

I was about to suggest jumpering the pressure switch, but since that didn't work, like CaifanSC said, you can apply 12V directly to one of the pins on the comressor and ground the other. It won't matter which pin you use for which side as it is an isolated coil.. essentially a big electro magnet.

Last edited:
Back