New Pump, Belts, pulleys, now S/C rattles under boost ?s

Top Shelf SC

Supercharger sounds like coins in a dryer under WOT

I changed noisy pulleys and belts (stock replacements), and on first drive I saw my boost go from 10/11 to 13/14+ which it never did before. On the highway and in 3rd and punched it and hear the s/c rattling away under WOT. UGLY, 10 miles later, CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. If my coupler on the S/C snout is going, would that trigger a CHECK ENGINE Light?

Last edited:
Sounds like detonation to me. The coupler is a anti-rattle device for when the SC is not under load and the car is idling. A bad coupler usually only rattles with no load. Once under boost the slop is gone and the rattle goes away This has nothing to do with a Check Engine Light. Get the codes ran ASAP.

Jerry

i would check the plugs one may be melted and get colder plugs and thermostat and if you have egr make sure its working ok

well if you find out you have aftermarket pulleys and want to go back stock, i'll swap and pay shipping ;)

sounds like the added boost ahs made your car ping. many causes from bad gas to cloging injectors to bad fuel filter can cause it to lean out and ping

you just never noticed until your boost went upand now it pings

Back