removed air silencer
home made CAI w/ k&n
10% overdrive pulley
3:73 gears
removed about 200lbs
BFG drag radials
Magnum Powers FMIC
Fast Freddie 3/4 top

My best time 14.079, what size tb and maf do you guys recommend? And how much do you think it will help?

You ran a 14.0 with only those mods? Do you have an exhaust? What was your 60ft? Is your car an auto or a 5spd?

Yeah I did my exhaust, no hedders. I have an auto with B&M shift kit. Well I knew I would leave something out but that's it for mods.

my 60fts are usually 2.004 /2.008 That 14.079 I had a 1.9. I usually run 14.1 and 2

I would save money and get the magnaport II along with the magnum powers inlet plenum. What kind of boost are you running?

Here is my best tiome slip
R/T... .436
60'... 1.973 (finally)
330... 5.831
1/8... 9.004
MPH... 77.32
1000... 11.758
1/4... 14.076
MPH... 94.56

My mph is alot lower than yours. I wonder why? My boost is giving me some problems right now. I"m not to sure what my boost level is on the track b/c I don't have a shift light and have to watch the tach. When I do look at it I'm at the end of the track and it's usually 11 to 12lbs. My last 3 runs it has been at 8lbs and I ran a 14.9 twice and a 15.0. So I'm in the process of looking for a vac leak.

Have you every had your car dynoed? Do you have any fuel upgrades? You must be making some good tq since your mph is so low for your time your car must be pulling really good at the start.

no I never had the car dynoed. Do you think it's time for that? and how much does it cost? No fuel upgrades yet. The car feels really good off the line. Do you think the 10%pulley is slowing me down at the end of the track? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks, Jake

with a 10% your prolly getting more tq....if you switched to a 5% your tq would prolly drop but your hp would go up. You can have it dynoed for about $90 depends on where you go. It would be good to see what kind of #'s your making and what your air fuel is. You could also try a 5% if you have one just to see how it affects your time/mph.

This probably sounds pretty dumb but lets say I dyno the car, what do I do then? What will that tell me besides my hp and torque? What is a good air to fuel reading?

If you have it tuned while on the dyno you can gain a few extra hp, of course you will need to get a custom chip or an eec tuner. i believe 12.5 is the perfect air fuel mixture but im not sure. basically the reason you want to have it dynoed it to make sure the car is not running too lean or too rich.

Hey Jake??

I thought you were gonna go get dynoed at the roundup...what hapened too many people or something :confused: ....guess thats what I get for leaving early :( ....
Rick in FL :cool:

Yeah there were alot of people waiting for the dyno plus I didn't want to look dumb with all those supercharged mustangs pulling high numbers. I might get this car dynoed after I find this vac leak.

Back