Gunk In my TB???

nighthawk

Hi...I currently have my blower off the car....and am replacing all gaskets.....

I just took off my IAC to replace the gasket...and in one particular spot on the old gasket is a build up of Black Gunky Oily Type stuff and on the back side of the old gasket....it is wet(odorless&kinda oily I guess)....and I am wondering where this came from...and what is causing it???????

Thanks...

Soon I Hope :eek:

Last edited:
If it's just a tad, it's probably from the PCV(positive crankcase ventilation) valve. I'm not all too familiar w/ SC's being that I don't own one(*yet*), but I'm almost certain that you guys have a line routed back to the intake to burn off crankcase gases(for emissions purposes). It's usually normal to have a tad of oily residue/buildup in the intake or at the throttle body. You might want to check the PCV valve on the car, just remove it and then shake it, PCV valves are supposed to rattle, if the valve doesn't rattle, replace it. They're usually only a $1 or two to replace. If you have any residue/buildup up around the throttle plate, be sure to remove all of it w/ some sort of automotive cleaner..sometimes that buildup will not allow the throttle plate to completely shut and it *may* cause a few driveability problems.

hey thanks...no there isnt much there...but enough that i noticed...if its normal..then its all good...thanks alot :eek:

Back