$300 or less Supercoupe

SCaddict

I know what most of you will say but I thought I would run it by you anyways. I have the chance to get a 90 SC for $200-$300. The interior is mostly gone, some broken windows, no fan, no headlights, no wheels or tires and things like that. The motor is complete with 5 speed. Do you think I should buy it or look for a better parts car? I do own a 90 but I might want a parts car if something breaks on mine.

Last edited:
it depends what you wanna do with it...

you can get parts for a sc car cheap, so it really depends on you, i just got real lucky and picked up a sc for 400 bucks!!! its all there and was one owner with 140k, runs like a champ, but had a ps leak , and a few other small problems ... id prob go for it if you wanna make a nice project out of it

I bought one for $100.00 and it has a complete motor and aod trans, rims tires, all glass, complete interior. Hell the whole car is complete, just needs a new crank and harmonic balancer. But I'm ripping out the 3.8 in this one since I already have an identical 90 aod and putting in the 460 big block I have laying in my garage.

Amazing what you'll find sometimes

I bought my 94 for $500. Needed a ps pulley, serp belt. Engine seems to have a knock, but for a knock, it shure runs good. I bought my 90 xr7 for $350 as well. Needed a new front end. It had a new longblock, and ran like a champ. Ended up being my daily driver for about a year.

well....

Its a matter of right place, right time. And a little luck in there. The XR7 was an ebay find that was fairly local. About a whole 20 min. from me. There was no pics online, and we checked it out prior to buying. As for my 94, got it from one of my ma's Xboyfriends. He knew he was selling cheap, and knew that it was worth more. He just wasn't inclined to fix it or part it, he's a lawyer. He knew I knew how to work on em, and gave me the first dibs, if I didn't bite, trade in, and to the auction it would have gone.

I got one for $300, but I gave it to my younger brother in exchange for some work around the house.

It is awaiting plugs and wires, then we will try the coilpack... It has a slight miss, but I think that's all that s wrong with it.

It even had a Cervini ram air hood!

Now I'd like another one for me to play with so I don't screw up my 35th too much...

I would be willing to try alot more with a more common bird. I wouldn't mind getting started on one of thse 460 SCs myself, and its gonna take another $300 SC if that happens any time soon!

Back