Engine Needed

J

JPChamp

Engine Needed

Hello all,
I just found out that my engine block is cracked. I have two options either pay Ford 5,500 for one or resort to my own resources. Does anyone in CA or close by have a good complete engine off a '94 or '95 or a long block off any year for sale. If so contact me at jpchamp@pacbell.net.

Thanks,

Re: Engine Needed

Hey man sorry to hear that.

I think your best bet would be to get a new '95 motor from Ford. Other then that I don't know. I you just get a block you should do some custom work on it while it is apart.

Do you think you will make the Mini-Meet over in HMB, you can take your Cougar that is cool w/me.

Talk to you later,
Nathan Martin

AKA Forgotten Fords founding member, remember me??

Yes, of course I remember you. No, I don't think I will be able make the meet. I have other plans this weekend. These mini meets always get scheduled on weekends when I'm busy. Oh well maybe I will be able to make the next one after I get the SC back on the road. I'm happy to hear you got you Super Chicken back on the road. I will keep you posted on the progress.
Thanks,

Actually we haven't had the meet yet, and if you need any help with either of your cars give me a ring I would be glad to help.

Nathan Martin

I've seen bare SC blocks for sale around here for maybe $200 or so. Assuming the rest of the engine is OK (heads, manifold, etc) you could reuse some of those parts, other stuff like pistons and valvetrain you might want to replace, basically like a rebuild. It would definitely cost less than the $5500 from Ford. Although if you start getting head work and other goodies, it adds up pretty fast.

Rob

Back