My 35th feels like it has Vetec

quick35th

Or something like that lol! At the strip last week it felt funny going down the track. After trying to launch it, right before 3000 RPM the car would just take off like someone had hit the NOS button. The seat of the pants meter could definately notice it. It was mostly noticeable in first gear. It seemed like the RPMs rose quicker at that point too. Any idea what could have caused this? Track, air/fuel, is it just me?

Here is a graph and chart from the last time I had her dynoed:

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 87
  • Dyno chart.jpg
    Dyno chart.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 102
Hmm, a sticking bypass valve perhaps? Did the power seem about right prior to the kick. Was boost looking good on the gauge?

The bypass valve is brand new from Ford. IDK if the boost was looking good or not as I was really only paying attention to the track and the tach. Next time I go to the track I will try to pay more attention to the gauges.

Any other ideas?

Shane

I noticeed this to at the track on friday, it was hahrd to pay attentioin to all the gears. but i noticed it at aboud 2200 rpm
i like it a nd i stil lran a 15.3 mostly stock.

Well if the weather holds out today I will be going back to National Trail Raceway today. This time I am going to see if I can inprove on my last best time and see if I can watch the gauges any better.

Shane

My car acted like that when the car was running warm and the IC was heatsoaked. It was real sluggish off the line then once i hit about 20-30mph it felt more normal.

sounds like the common case of warm air being sucked in by the intake system, i have a k&n in place of the old air box, and IMO when car is cold there is a lil improvement but with nothing blocking the hot air from getting in after the engine starts running hot its noticebly more slower now with the cone filter over the stock air box

Well I went to the track on wensday and got a much better time. A 14.8 @ 91 mph. It was my first run of the day out of 8.

Is there a divider to seperate the filter from the engine heat or is going with the MP 3.5 cold air intake the only way?

Shane

Back