head gaskets

sendeth

i am going to be doing head work soon and i have a question. what are the best head gaskets out there. i can't really get a clear answer from the posts. i know they have been upgraded a lot. what about those metal coated ones. can we get those for our cars??? i would check, but i can't remember who made them. also, my sc pushes around 18 psi of boost. fyi.

RE: Headgaskets

Felpro...Be sure to shave/mill the heads or you'll be doing this again soon.

Rick in FL :cool:

I used felpro, I always here felpro gaskets and arp studs are the best option. You have to open up that exhaust though, 18 psi seems excessive to me. You'll be doing this again soon!

you're probably right

you are probably right about the carbon and about doing it soon. although i believe eaton says the 94 supercharger is capable of a few thousand more rpm than it runs. i think it will run at around 20k rpms or something, so the head gasket is definately the weak point. i have never put the head studs in before. are they difficult to install??? and i think i was wrong about the cork. i think some of the original gaskets were cork, and if i'm not mistaken, that's what the recall was about a few years ago. thanks for your guys input, hope to hear more.

Cork?!?!

:D You must be thinking of the valve cover gaskets felpro makes those in cork....no they are carbon :D

Rick in Fl :cool:

P.S. You in KC or FL right now??

Re; Warpage

I've seen them blow in 6 months if they werent shaved....even after being checked :eek:

Rick in FL :cool:

Back