Intake Gasket Set?

poohusker

I just recently decided to rebuild the upper half on my 90 SC with about 165K. I bought Felpro set #MS940451. Can anyone tell me what the three rubber o-rings are for.

they are for sealing the ic tubes and they dont work worth a D@mn

i would use either copper hi-temp rtv or the teflon gaskets that somebody on this board makes. if you want to find him do a search ;)

O-Rings

Actually, the larger ones are for sealing the female ends (the ones that have the flange plate) to the IC tubes, not for making the seal where the tubes detach from the intake and IC. Those ends will unscrew from the IC tube and the O-ring goes there.

scic1.jpg

It's hard to see the O-ring in the pic, but there is a receiver groove in the donut shaped part. This seals the part to the end of the IC tube. There is also a bigger O-ring that seals the inside nut on the top to the threaded end of the top outlet. That part is a left-hand thread. The pieces on the IC tubes are standard right-hand threads.

So does that mean that I should ditch the o-rings and use rtv to seal the entire system. Also, a buddy of mine at Roush told me to open up the air box to get a pound or two of extra boost. Has anyone ever tried this. He told me to cut out the sides and install window screen material.

ive had good luck with copper rtv so far (but then again i have no collar knut seal to worry about :D )

I just use that white tape from Ford...Have to change it every time the IC tubes come off but it always seals great JMO

Rick in FL :cool:

Back