Lowering Springs and End Links

Nettlesd

I ordered my lowering springs yesterday and I should have them in about a week. Now, I'll be taking it to a shop to have them installed and I'm wondering if I will need shorter end links. I have an Addco sway bar in the rear and the springs only have a .75-1" drop. I just want to be sure I have everything that the shop would need to perform the swap.

Now my car will be cool like Tony's or Kurt's car. :p

You can get shorter end-links for the rear if you would like, but they won't have the same "connectors" as the stock units. I have a set of shorter links on the back of my SC (can't think of the brand, but they are available at most parts houses). Just look for links that are proportionally shorter than your stockers in relation to how much you are lowering the car. If you are lowering less than an inch, it may not be necessary to change them. There are no aftermarket "shorter links" for the front (as far as I know). If you do change the rear links, be sure the suspension is "under load" when you tighten them down, but you probably knew that already....

LJGriggs said:
If you do change the rear links, be sure the suspension is "under load" when you tighten them down, but you probably knew that already....

Thanks Larry. Nope, sure didn't. A shop will be doing the work, anyway.

Back