IRS ride height

amcagreg

I am using a Ford independent rear suspension from a Super Coupe in a kit car project. I just spent 5 hours at the welders modifying the frame etc. to install the K-member, spring perch and shock mount. I was real happy with the results but the ride height is too low. Does anyone know of any springs that I can use to raise the height. It isn't a matter of putting stiffer springs in because it is too low before the body is on. I would hate to have to remove the spring perch and re-weld them in.

hehe

my friend did the same thing in his s10 pickup-he used blocks to adjust ride height-it was too low in that too. good luck-also, id say putting taller springs in would ruin the camber and wear tires-opposite of lowering a car, but just as bad. Mike

How much too low are you talking about. If the stock spring isolators are compressed because they are old, new isolators could raise it 1/2" or possibly a bit more. If it is a lot low, you could leave the mounts you welded in alone and put spacers between the mounts and the subframe. You need something slightly flexible like polyurethane. You actually should have a flexible isolator between the frame and subframe like on the stock setup. John

Back