Need help with mods...give me some input!

jdaly1978

I've got an 89 SC w/5 speed. All stock with the exception of a K&N filter. I'm looking for an exhaust system that isn't too much louder than stock but has much more flow. Also any easy or bolt on engine mods would be helpfull. I'm on a slightly limited budget. Whats the biggest bang for my buck?

i kept the stock mufflers and got a good resonator with bigger outlet and bigger mass airflow sensor from newer crown vic and bigger throttle body what helped most was porting the exhaust ports on the heads wow it made me want to take them back off and do a little more after i found out how much it helped i got colder plugs and 180 thermostat helped also and do away with the warm coolant line that goes through the throttle body

jdaly1978 said:
I've got an 89 SC w/5 speed. All stock with the exception of a K&N filter. I'm looking for an exhaust system that isn't too much louder than stock but has much more flow. Also any easy or bolt on engine mods would be helpfull. I'm on a slightly limited budget. Whats the biggest bang for my buck?

High-flow cats, and get rid of that 90 degree bend on the driver side exhaust pipe. trust me and everyone here, that is the best thing to do before you work on the intake side of the motor.

intake side - i would first buy a 70mm MAF...if im not mistaken, the 89's had a 55mm MAF...then a 75mm throttle body, then so on, and so on....

Stephen

Absolutely do your exhaust before any other Mods or say bye bye HG's...Personally I've got the Flowmaster Force II cat back system and no resonator I like it and everyone who hears it seems to like it...It's a personal preference thing though I think...My .02

Rick in FL :cool:

Back