AZ brake help

mpowerd

Hi, I live in Phoenix and need help w/ a leaking master cylinder(?). I had a friend replace a rear caliper (pass. side) and now the master cylinder or somewhere within is leaking pretty good. I had the same guy look at it and he thinks it is leaking from the bottom of the reservoir. However, I cant really tell and think he is a little unsure. So, my questions are as follows:
1. I am not clear after reading many posts in the archives as to what different parts can/need to be replaced (master cylinder in particular). Originally, I thought it was one unit that costs a crapload. Now I am thinking there are sub parts that may need to be replaced. Which is it?
2. Is there someone here in PHX that anyone can recommend me towing my car to for a definitive answer as to where the leak is and what it would take to fix it?

I bought my SC from my next door neighbor, and he was the original and only owner. It has 86K w/ Auto trans. It is completely stock and I just put about $500 in it (pads, two rotors, radiator flush and fill, trans. filter kit w/ new trans fluid, A/C recharge, plugs, wires, PVC valve and fuel filter).
I dont want to have to sell the car because of the brake fluid leak, but dont want to spend thousands either.

Any help is much appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

What's Up!

There is a spot in AZ. called the sports car service center.Go to the knowledgeable mechanics forums,and it should help you out.

I think the pre-93 coupes had the expensive master cyls. If it is a 93 or newer it has the more economical one (I think). Mine is a 93 and has the cheaper one.

Chris

There is a hose coming out the bottom of the reservoir going to the abs pump. This is a common problem area for leakage as this hose cracks or deteriorates over time. Check it first as it is an easy fix. John

thanks

Thanks. I talked to Joe at Sports Car Service center in Tempe. He is going to look at my car. I will have a closer look this weekend before I tow it there. Thanks for the input, I will let you know what happens.

M

Back