Is it possible 87 octane caused my SC to stall? Or coincidental fuel pump failure?

sizemoremk

I realized after the fact, that I accidentally put in some 87 octane... Complete accident.

I ran half a tank of it when I stalled at a stop sign just after leaving the house.

It would not start back, then I figured it was the fuel pump, so I turned the key to the key-on-engine-off several times to build up pressure and she ran all day yesterday, and this moirning. I then noticed that the fuel milage was drastically lower, so I looked back at my last as reciept, when I noticed I acidentally put in 87 octane at the last fill-up. So I wnet ahead and filled her back up with 93 octane, and am planning on putting some octane boost in there as well.

I have been real easy on her to make sure she didn't get much into the boost...

I was just wondering if there was anything I am not aware of that would cause it to starve for fuel...

I guess I will plan on a fuel pump replacement.

Any recommended sources for good quality stock fuel pump?

BTW, I never got an engine light at all... I will check the codes this weekend to make sure that there are no stored codes....

Thanks for reading!

Your car may have a fuel pump going bad and thats probably why it stalled or maybe clogged injectors???don't think lower octane fuel would have anything to do with a pump going bad though...If you do run lower octane you will usually notice the difference when you get into the throttle. It's because of the detonation at lower compression issues that using lower octane fuel will give you is why it is so important to run high octane fuels...The damage is usually to internal engine parts or plugs. it can also make your car run like it is timed bad.. Why don't you try posting in the parts wanted forum see if someone can't give you a deal...they are about 60 bucks at the parts store.
Thats my .02

Rick in FL :cool:

If you have access to 93 octane, don't even bother with the octane boost... it won't raise you more than 3 points (as in .3) in a best case situation... if you are worried about problems with detonation you can pull the octane plug until you use up most of your current gas tank.

Back