dis bolt

sendeth

i'm almost down to my timing gears, and i'm stuck at the spot when the dis goes into the timing cover. i have never seen this bolt before. it looks like a torx or star bit, but the points aren't sharp, they are curved, and there is a peg in the center. it looks like a flower. please someone tell me you know where i can get this tool.

T45 tamper proof bolt on the DIS

Just call your local tool town. Tool world or whatever they call the place that sells lots of tools cheap. Should be less than $4 bucks.

thanks

thanks man, it's bad when i get a better answer from one online post and waiting 15 minutes than i do calling 2 dealerships and 3 parts stores.

Thats the Cam sensor shaft that you're referring to and most owners just remove the bolt by any means (drill/slot/chisel) and replace it with a normal bolt. There is no reason to keep the tamper proof bolt once you've pulled the shaft off.

stupid idea

yeah, tell me about it, i still can't find the socket. it figures ford doesn't have any idea where to get it

Do a yahoo search on tools in the yellow pages. I am sure you will find a tool store that sells them. Its not that uncommon tool, But the dealor won't have it.

Back