how much better is the helm manual?

Shooter_Jay

How much better is the helm manual than the haynes or chilton manual? I know my haynes manual is missing almost everything....doesn't even mention the fuel filter, and the wiring diagrams are incomplete. Anybody with a helm manual ever not find anything they are looking for? Does it have every part? How many pages and what years/models does it cover? I checked out helminc.com today, and there were like 15 or so products for the 94 bird, and just the service manual alone was $80. How much from the other stuff is also in the service manual? I thought for $80 I would get everything they know about the car. Maybe I'm just better off saving the cash and asking and searching on here which has worked out just fine for seven years now ha! Anyway, thanks for any feedback.

it's worth it. i have both the haynes and the helms is by far the best. The Helms manual is what Ford uses when you take your car there to have it worked on. The helms manual covers everything but you can also purchase the EVTM in addition(this includes specific electrical,vacuum, etc. diagrams). They do cost 80 through ford, but you can find them on ebay for much cheaper. i got mine off ebay for like 30. good luck.

Shooter Jay-

I have my problems with my burner fixed now-you want a copy of the CD manual for your 94? It also has the diagnostics and EVTM manuals included.

Is there a cd manual available for an '89 SC? I have the Haynes manual but it doesn't have good details for a novice like myself. For instance, my transmission is slipping and I noticed the rubber piece that goes between the cable and the throttle body has broken into pieces. I purchased the brass replacement piece and clip, but not sure how it installs, since the other piece broke and fell off. I only drove the car 2-3 miles from the 1st slip, so hopefully I don't have transmission damage as well.

hello all im also worndering if there is a cd of somethign better for the 89 i have an 89 cougar xr7 so would there be anything for that? thnaks for the help steven

Back