Head Types?

talonhead

Was tripping through the posts and read something on split port heads. How many different head designs are there that will fit the 3.8sc block? Would like to learn more about Ford hardware. My knowledge base is mostly old ('60's &70's) Mopars from when I was building engines in High School.
I guess that I'm a little hard-headed when it comes to the SC, FIRST: trying to get more with whats available on the market. SECOND: being able to afford it, OR the equipment to make it yourself. When it seams possible to do it cheaper and easier to just chuck it and go with a mod motor and the multitude of bolt on parts available.
But something I saw in M&FF was a Vortech centrifical blower (basically a belt driven turbine on a 4.6. the thing is small when compared to the eaton. And I know that the performance characteristics are at opposites. The eaton is a positive displacement pump and gives solid boost at low rpm then tapers way off at higher revs as it becomes less efficient. Where the vortech gives less boost at low revs and the boost is more or less linear with rpms (kinda like a turbo) but being belt driven, it is not dependent on exhaust pressure to increase turbine rpm. From what I've read its available with different gear drives (overdrive multipliers, I think that there is a Procharger like this also).
I had been thinking that using one of these that maybe a sheetmetal intake with a liquid IC could be placed low in the top of the block with an oil shield (like an old mopar B/RB intake. Don't have the extra parts, tools or $$ to really go any where with this. But I thought I would throw the idea out there. Would like to hear feedback on this and the head info (where to more ). Thanks. where

Back