Clutch Difficulty

Digitalchaos

Essentially this is as the name implies. Mainly when its warmer outside, I notice when I release the clutch pedal in first gear from a stop it is difficult to do so without bogging the engine. This then results in lurching forward as I adjust the throttle to compensate.

Its not that I can't avoid this by readjusting myself for the clutch in warmer weather, just that its abnormal. To my understanding, the clutch disc engaugement should be very smooth and gradual throughout the entire range of pedal travel. Mine doesn't seem to grip until the pedal is most of the way out. I think it disengauges half way through. I have never detected slipping, leakage, or anything else abnormal.

Anyone who could provide some insight into this? Thanks!

Digitalchaos said:
Essentially this is as the name implies. Mainly when its warmer outside, I notice when I release the clutch pedal in first gear from a stop it is difficult to do so without bogging the engine. This then results in lurching forward as I adjust the throttle to compensate.

Its not that I can't avoid this by readjusting myself for the clutch in warmer weather, just that its abnormal. To my understanding, the clutch disc engaugement should be very smooth and gradual throughout the entire range of pedal travel. Mine doesn't seem to grip until the pedal is most of the way out. I think it disengauges half way through. I have never detected slipping, leakage, or anything else abnormal.

Anyone who could provide some insight into this? Thanks!

It sounds like you have air in the system or the slave or master cylinder is on it's way out. Sorry I can't be of more assiance.

I would suggest bleeding/flushing the system and see if it helps. If it doesn't I would suggest saving the money to drop the tranny and replace the slave.

On a supercoupe, if the clutch is bled correctly generally it shouldn't engage until the end travel on the pedal (near the top). On my spec clutch i only have to push in about an inch to engage or disengage the clutch.

Back