Stalling in Warm Weather

factoryblue

Sarah is ready to sell her baby bird and I've been able to convince her to give me another chance to fix. Some History: We bought this car 1989 AOD about 3 years ago. Since then we added the Adj. fan control, motor mounts, every sensor and module. The car ran flawless ovcer the past year, after many months of annoying problems. We've had stalling problems before but they were fixed by installing the adj fan. It hit 80 degress here in cincinnati on saturday when we noticed the oil psi was down and the temp hit "O". We pulled over turned the adj fan way down and ate lunch. Half hour later we came back and the fan was still running, i thought we must have turned it too much. We went back home and the temp never went near "N". Suddenly the car felt it had a slight miss. It was idling at 400 when it died. It took several cranks to get it and continued this patern the entire way home. Dealer told us the FP might be bad but the car runs great at WOT, and the filter has been replaced every 10,00 miles. Any Ideas are welcome.

Nick

Back