SCCoA Sponsored Event for Carllisle All Ford Nationals

Duffy Floyd

SCCoA Lifetime Member
This year we are going to try something a tad different for Carlisle. The past two years we have had an informal gathering for dinner at the Sunnyside Restarant. This year we will be doing a more formal event.

We are planning to have a formal banquet to be held Saturday Night, June 5th, 2004 starting at 7:00PM. The event will be held at the same location as years past, Sunnyside Restuarant, 850 North Hanover Street, Carlisle, PA. You can check out the place at their website www.sunnysiderestaurant.com. The cost to attend will be $10.00 each 16 and over, $5.00 from 12 to 16 and under 12 years of age admitted free. This fee is in addition to the actual cost of the dinner.

Why a fee you ask? No, we are not trying to raise money for the club. We are bringing in speakers knowledgable in the MN12 Project and the Super Coupe in particular.

One speaker will be Mr. Chuck Weiss who was a Vehicle Dynamics and Handling Engineer for the MN12 Project. Check will be speaking about why Poly bushings may not be the wisest choice for the vast majority of owners. If the technical information can be obtained, Chuck also intends to discuss why lowered SC's tend to wear the inside edge of the front tires and what alternative suspension setup (alignment) should stop the abnormal wear.

The second speaker will Mr. Lou Williams who was the Development Engineer (Drivetrain) for the Super Coupe. Lou will give a talk about the early development efforts on the car and will be bringing his 4.6 supercharged T Bird to the show.

Both speaker are planning on a Q&A session as well so this will not be a lecture only.

ALL MONIES COLLECTED FOR ADMISSION WILL BE SPLIT EVENLY BETWEEN THE TWO SPEAKERS AS AN HONORARIUM.

We are planning on dinner to be served first then the technical discussions to start around 8:00PM. This is another reason it was thought a more formal banquet was the way to go since 50-100 folks showing up and ordering a wide range of meals with essentially no notice for the folks at the restaurant so they can prepare would have slowed service to the point that little time could have been left for the technical part of the gathering.

Now what do you need to do in order to attend?

The first problem we have is determining what sized room we need to reserve. Right now we are penciled in to a 50 person room. With the speakers and their guests and reservations of SCCoA Members we anticipate 34 seats remain at this time. We need a committment ASAP if you plan to attend so if more than 34 intend to be there we can reserve the 100 person room soon. We also need a feel for the price point for the dinner itself. You can see on the restaurant's website they offer a variety of banquet options. They are willing to customize their offerings to meet our needs. The costs quoted will include desert and all non-alcoholic drinks as part of the cost of the dinner.

So please send me an email at duffyf56@earthlink.net ASAP if you plan on attending the dinner. How many folks in your party, and what price point you can support for the dinner. Once I know which room we will be in and the price point range that most folks can support I will negotiate with the restaurant and set the menu. Kiddie meals can be included in the mix so if you have children that you will be bringing please indicate how many will be attending.

You do realize we all ready have the banquet hall at the Clarion reserved, right? NJTaCC set up the block of rooms at the hotel to be rented out, and we also got the banquet hall.

Actually no, I was not aware of the banquet room aspect of the block of rooms reserved at the Clarion.

Fill me in as to the details and what you would propose. We can still do the dinner/banquet as planned and then move to the Clarion for the technical presentations and discussions. The advantages are we clear the room at the restaurant for other patron's use and perhaps the Clarion Room will allow more folks to go to the discussions as they will not have to front the bill for the dinner/banquet as well.

Well I believe we're getting a catered rental on the banquet hall, but I have to call Don to verify that. At least that's what was proposed when we got the block of rooms.

Change 1 Revision 27

Things are pretty much settled....I think

Dinner will be starting at 6:30PM vs the 7:00 PM previously stated. Technical presentations and discussions will follow dinner starting at 8:00PM. The talks will be done at the restaurant so a change in location will not be required. Dinner will be order what you want as it became more and more difficult to meet everyone's desires in a banquet style offering so this way you control how much money you want to spend.

Cost of the technical discussions/presentations remain the same. We will be collecting money at the door for that portion of the event.

To accomodate the most folks possible needs, we will allow people to attend the technical presentations/discussions consistent with the available seating in the room without having to attend the dinner portion of the event. Right now we have 25 seats taken for the dinner portion of the event. We are pencilled into a 100 seat room. The restaurant is not happy about tying up their largest room on a show car weekend from 6:30PM to close at 10:00PM for essentially 25 meals being served regardless of making some money selling drinks for the others that may show up for the technical presentations/discussions.

If you plan to attend the dinner or the technical talk please contact me ASAP at duffyf56@earthlink.net so I can get an idea of who is coming to what. if we can get 50 people total (25 more) to commit for DINNER the restaurant will allow us to keep the larger room. Otherwise we will only have 45 seats total available to us in a smaller room. Priority given to those who are eating dinner so if you are attending the technical discussions/presentations only, you are basically on standby and can get bumped by a person who wants to eat. I need to get back to the restaurant in a few days so send those emails!

Back