Anyone close by that can do my springs?

T

TheMaxter

Anyone close by that can do my springs?

I've got springs on the way and I don't want to have big-o do em for like $200. I have some friends that say they can do it, but I was wondering if there are any pro's out there that could help.
Thanks,
Kyle

Re: Anyone close by that can do my springs?

I am buying some springs for my car too. Once I get my car running again I am going to put them on.

Hey Kyle we can both get together somewhere and have people help both of us at once. How does that sound?

I live in Santa Clara.

Nathan Martin

Just keep your car as far away from Big-O as possible. If you're going to do the springs yourself, it's not that hard, but when you take the front shocks off, don't unload the springs (if you remove the one bolt holding in the shock, the shock and spring will come off together) Then, take them to a garage with a wall-mount spring compressor, and let them remove the old springs and put on the new ones. SC's have very heavy springs, too heavy to do safely on cheesy do-it-yourself spring compressors.

Thanks for the advice Rob. That's what i've gotten from a few ppl. I'm going to ask around and see what I can find. I'll let you know what comes up Nathan.
Thanks,
Kyle

IDEA

Kyle,

I think I can hit up my friend that works at Speed Merchant in San Jose to let use compress and mount the springs, we need a place to put our cars up and stuff so we can get them off and put them back on, plus my car still isn't running. :(

Nathan Martin

So any updates on what is going on.

I bought my springs yesterday and though my car still isn't running I am itching to put those springs on. Once it is running I will want to put them on even more.

Nathan Martin

Doh! My earlier reply wasn't quite accurate. After looking in my shop manual, I see that you want to leave the one bolt in the center, and remove the three (I think it was three) other bolts that hold the upper mount to the body. Then, after removing the ARC actuator, the shock can be removed with the upper mount still attached, holding the spring in place. Let me know if you have any questions, or if you want a copy of the diagram in the Helm manual showing all this.

Rob

Back