fuel smell in the oil

SCTIM

Hey guys,,, i seem to have stumbled across a problem that i just can't figure out.. I will start from the beginning...

About 3 weeks ago,,i blew the the seal around the top of my radiator apart, due to a stuck thermostat.. So i change the rad. and the thermostat,, and everything seemed to be fine..Well about a week later, i was coming home from work, and notice a power lose about half way home,, the boost guage was showing around 10-11 lbs under acceleration, but didn't seem to be pulling the way it should have..it also started to stall and and the oil pressure guage would go nuts (oil pressure gauge always stay stuck since i got the car)

I parked the car for a couple days, and decided to take it for a ride and see how it was gonna run,,, sure enough, everything seemed fine.. So i continued driving it to work and all seem good until last week when i came home and it started to do the same thing again,,along with a tapping,,or knocking sound coming from the motor

So today i fired the car up, and took it out, when i started the car, it didn't tap or knock..After about a 15 min run,, when i pulled in the drive, it was tapping again, so i shut it down and left it cool down..

I checked the oil and all is good, i thought maybe the oil pump died, so i opend the oil filler cap to see if it looked like it was getting pressure, and the oil smell strong of gas..

If anyone can give me any advise on what this could be, please help me... I don't have a scanner to chech codes,, and am afraid to take it out to the garage, for fear of blowing the motor

Thanks for the help Tim!!

Your fuel pressure regulator may be bad and sticking. This can cause excesive fuel in the the cylinder and "wash" the walls. This is a bad thing as it can burn your rings. Plus, the fuel in your oil will wash out your bearings and cause a knocking sound. Pull the vacuum line to the FP regulator and smell it. If it smells of gas, or gas comes out, then thats most likely your problem.

Back