91's have cornering lamps?

Darkside

Hey, I was looking throught the list of members with 1991 SC's and it looked like half of them had front bumper covers with cornering lamps and half didn't. I am curious because I'm looking at a 91 right now and it doesn't have the cornering lamps or the SC in the front. What's the deal? :confused:

my 91 has the cornering lights but my 90 doesnt. both of em have that ugly license plate holder on my front bumper. must be a jersey thing :( but i believe those cornering lights were an option you could get from ford.

My '91 Has cornering lamps and the SC on the front bumper. Come to think of it my '91 and my '94 have every available option that I can think of. They are both auto's, but I really with the '94 was a 5sp :(

Dirtybird
Frank

Both my 91 and my 35th have the cornering lamps and SC on the front bumper. Well actually I am not sure about the 91 having SC on the front bumper. I will have to see tonight.

Shane

OH, and my 89 XR7 has the cornering lamps too.

I feel left out, my 91 has the SC but no conering lights. Someday I hope to find a cover with the SC and the cornering lights. The wiring is there.

humm ... my 92 has none of it ... no SC written in front and no cornering light.
But like the original question : is there something else that came with these light ? or was it just a choice or what ?!

All '89 - '92 SC's came with SC embossed in the front bumper cover. If your car does not have it then the bumper cover has been replaced.

As far as the cornering lights, it was an option. I believe it came with the "Illumination Package" which included auto on and auto dimming headlights, auto dimming rear-view mirror and when you lift up on the door handles and the doors are locked the interior lights should come on. Now I'm not positive about this and I'm sure some are going to come back and say that "I" have this option but not another! This isn't the gospel and Ford seems to have incentives on purchasing option packages versus just one particular option.

Just my .02

Dale

SC'er said:
All '89 - '92 SC's came with SC embossed in the front bumper cover. If your car does not have it then the bumper cover has been replaced.

As far as the cornering lights, it was an option. I believe it came with the "Illumination Package" which included auto on and auto dimming headlights, auto dimming rear-view mirror and when you lift up on the door handles and the doors are locked the interior lights should come on. Now I'm not positive about this and I'm sure some are going to come back and say that "I" have this option but not another! This isn't the gospel and Ford seems to have incentives on purchasing option packages versus just one particular option.

Just my .02

Dale

Dale is right. They should have all had SC on the front.. My 89 hasthe Auto dimming lamps and when you pull the door handle the lights do come on and also have the corner lamps... I like the look of the corner lamps better. :p

No, it was 89-91 with "SC" in the bumper.
In 92 they started making LX birds with the same front as SC's so there was no longer a distinction between them (front bumper at least)

Sorry I wasn't remembering correctly, I was thinking '93 was the year Ford quit putting the SC on the bumper covers! My bad!

I'm not so interested in the look of the corner lamps. I just like their function. I'm going to miss them on the 93 I picked up. It helps a lot when driving on streets that may not have lights on the corner and your not sure where to turn at.

Last edited:
'91 here, no cornering lamps (just adds weight ;) )
'91 was last year for the SC in the front bumper. One of the many reasons that it's the best year. :p :p

91 Sc

My 91 SC has the SC on the front bumper, but I don't have the corner lights, auto headlights or auto dimming rear view mirror. I've read that the bumper covers are marked for corner lights though if someone wanted to add them. I think they look good and would be useful as well.

David

SC'er said:

Just my .02

Dale

i think you're right. now that i notice, my 91 has the auto dimming rearview mirror, the interior lights turn on when you pull the door handle or put in the code on the keypad, and has the automatic headlight feature along with the cornering lights.

Note... There is more to them than just lights. They have a plastic housing that they fit into, there is a trim ring that locks the housing in, and the light is mounted on a steel bracket.

You can find them on LX units as well. That's where I found a replacement for the one I lost a while back in an accident.

I don't know if there are marks in the cover to help you cut them out. I know the Ford Bra for the Tbird comes with openings marked to be cut out if you have the side lights.

Back