Anyone familiar with the St. Pete Beach/Maderia beach areas in FL?

sizemoremk

Wanting to take a weeks vacation with the wife and my folks this summer, and looking to go to that area.

We always went to St. Pete Beach when I was a kid, but it looks like Maderia Beach has some better deals on condo rentals.

My dad seems skeptical about trying Maderia beach because he is attached to St. Pete as that is where he used to go when he was a kid...

Can anyone offer some comparisons between the two?

Distance to any attractions doesn't really matter, the beaches are pretty close together anyways. We are more conerned with the atmosphere. I know St. Pete was always laid back and never too crowded, is Maderia about the same? I can't really see what the difference would be, but my dad says that Treasure Island is more crowded than St. Pete, and is affraid that Maderia Beach may be more crowded also.

We always went in the Late July, early August time frame, and are looking to go the last week in July this year.

Thanks guys! Your input is appreciated!

Try posting in the florida chapter, you'll have better luck. I live an hour and a half from St. Pete but TbirdSC93 lives there. But I think you're right St.Pete is more laid back.

There all really lined up so if you stay in one area...going to the next one would be no more than a 20 minute drive....

St. Pete beach would probably be more laid back....but depending on when you come they all can be hoppin...

Clearwater beach is where the real crowd is....

Back