Svt Emblem

joe debattista

Said I would post this pic a while ago, sorry it took so long. I put an SVT Badge on my car. I think it looks awesome and completely fits the car, dunno what you guys think but here you go.

HERE IT IS
svt.jpg

personally i dont think that anybody should be putting svt/cobra badges on cars that aren't svts or cobras(i saw a bird the other day that was PLASTERED with both). imo it's just another variation of rice and the VTEC emblem; but to each his own i guess.

Well, I personally think that it looks great..

We all customize our cars our own way. And on another note, the Ford Engineers that developed the SC (Know onw personally), said that a lot of the original ideas came from SVO (Special Vehicle Operations), now SVT.

So, do what you want, as long as you can back it up!!!!!!

Don

Lube70 is correct, besides having a hand in design and engineering of our SC's, the SVO and SVE divisions also helped design and engineer the Taurus SHO and don't forget the famed '97 SVT T-Bird that didn't quite make it. All SC owners can proudly state that although it doesn't carry the name the SC came from the early stages of SVT!!

I like the badge!

i have a svo sticker in mine :D well it was because we were doing a small car club and there were 2 turbo coupes 3 sc's and 1 svo and 2 5.0s so we got to the conclusion that all of them had to pass thru , a svo engineer sometime so, we named the darn club svo :D

turbospeed said:
i have a svo sticker in mine :D well it was because we were doing a small car club and there were 2 turbo coupes 3 sc's and 1 svo and 2 5.0s so we got to the conclusion that all of them had to pass thru , a svo engineer sometime so, we named the darn club svo :D

lmao- well my gf's focus has some svt influence as well, so i think i'm going to go out and order some badges for it!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

it was either that or speed demons or speedracer ( we suggested 3 names and those are the one we came up with) and i wanted a small sticker that i could put in the rear 1/4 window and thats all.

turbospeed said:
it was either that or speed demons or speedracer ( we suggested 3 names and those are the one we came up with) and i wanted a small sticker that i could put in the rear 1/4 window and thats all.

haha- i wasn't flaming you....i thought you were kidding :eek:
lol, the point i was trying to make is that every ford has a little svo/sve/svt in it, but there's no use in putting those badges on your car. i think that right is only for the owner of an actual svt vehicle. i mean if you just got done dropping 30k+ for a cobra/lighting, etc and on your way out of the dealership you saw an old tbird with an svt emblem what would you think? I'm not trying to sound like a prick, just trying to make a point. :)

:)

Hey Man,
When I see a badge on a car that it does not belong on my expression is a grin and side to side head shake.
The reason is due to the fact that either you know that the badge belongs on the car and is there for a reason, or you don't have a clue what the badge means and you could careless.
So, you have two people, those that look at the car and say Damn WTF? Dumb A$$ that's no SVT.
The other person could careless what SVT stands for, and just move on their way.
Now, my intention is not to piss you off but to give my opinion ;)
Laterz,
D Rainer

Focus SVT

Supercharged95, Ford actually makes a Focus ZX3 SVT. So you wouldn't be too far off in putting one on your girlfriends car. What model does she have?

As for the SVT on an SC, I'm sure if there had been an SVT at the time, the badge would have gone on. Maybe there was a special vehicle team at Ford then and they just didn't start advertising it until the Cobras and Lightnings. We have seen people customize these cars to their own taste, so IMO I like it and think it looks good Joe. Might get one for myself. :D

David

NCredSC said:
Supercharged95, Ford actually makes a Focus ZX3 SVT. So you wouldn't be too far off in putting one on your girlfriends car. What model does she have?
I'm only going to assume that you weren't being serious, bc god knows i wasn't. And she would know better than to put one on! :eek:

Svt

So this falls under the category of when a super coupe isn't a super coupe anymore. All these people that have converted to V8s and still consider their car the be an SC. I don't see anymore harm in putting on a SVT badge than putting in a V8. It's his car and he can do with it or call it what he wants to.

IMO, he has done to it what he wanted to and what he thought would look good. I've seen post of people adding V6 or 3.8 emblems to their SC, which it didn't come with. To each his own.

Yeah, I had a 2002 Focus SE and your're right, it didn't deserve an SVT badge on it either.

David

Last edited:
Well dammmmmmmmmmmmmm

Guess I better remove those 98 Cobra brakes from my car being they say Cobra...Might have to remove those 98 cobra rims that say SVT on them as well....And that COBRA style hood thats going on my car...Might as well junk that too....And that lil svt badge that I am putting in that same location after my paint job..Guess Ill chuck it..However..I dont think anyone laughs when they get their ars handed to them by a 4000lb v6..

On a serious note..I wanted to make my car the Tbird SVT should have came out with..DIdnt want to add the Cobra hood but it is needed with new motor..In Typical SVT fashion I stole parts from the Ford Bin to make my car the best Ford could have made it..And if I want to add that dam lil badge..ILL DO IT! Still need a wing to offset the ridiculous hood..Perhaps an SHO can lend me one :O)~

car.jpg

Svt???

Hey Damon, well put!!!! Send me what ever you aren't going to use, lol!!!!

Hey maybe a Saleen wing would look good, oh wait a minute, your car isn't a Saleen. Oh do it anyway!!!!!! :D

David

i'm going to do a cobra brake swap in the future as well... it's one thing to swap parts on your car to make it perform better, but it's another to put stickers/emblems on your car. it's not my car(referring to the one with the svt badging), so i really could care less....he just wanted an opinion and i gave him mine; didn't mean to get everyone's panties in a bunch! :p

I say you shouldn't put an SVT badge on a Thunderbird unless you have an Eaton blown 4.6 and 5spd (what the '98 SVT was going to be). Just my pair-o-pennies.

I put the SVT emblem in the same place on mine....I think it looks good...

Side notes...

SVT wasn't formed until 93 so Im betting that had they been around in 89 it would have been a SVT...SVO was broken up in the late 80s I believe? there was a lapse between SVT and SVO

Some Cobras didn't come with SVT emblems from the factory....

I say as long as you have some bite to back it up go for it..!

Back