35th Seat cover Purchases

BirdofPrey97

Needing to know if anyone out there wants to get their 35th Seats redone and if so how many of them?

I found someone that is willing to do mine and I need all 3 redone. This person does the work for the local Ford dealer and he will do other vehicles also. Before I present him with mine though thought I would check and see who would purchase some if they were available? If I can get 5 to 10 people that want 2 to 3 of their seats redone that would be great and a discount could be made.

Actual purchase prices won't be available until I can get the number of people interested. These will be completely new covers and there will be no need for you to send your seat covers in, but there will be a need for you to pay shipping on them. The company is located near Omaha, NE.

Right now the price is between $75 to $125 for an individual seat depending on the material wanted, but these prices are not set in stone until I can get a number to present to them.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Todd

Todd, Add me to the list. I would like to see the cost of having both front seats and the reat seats done on mine. If you can get me a ball park figure on this source and for sure they will use either suede or the new suede replacement, which is better anyway, I'll put the information on the Registry. I hope this can be a "35th owners rejoice" event finally.

A great week all.

I'd be interested if they are gonna use darn near Close to Factory style Suade. I cant find a place around here to do so for me. Just let me know what the ball park figure is goin to be. Thanks

jay

not 35th but interested

For that ballpark figure would he do covers for non-35th. My 92 leather is rotting out and I am looking for some way to replace it.
glennm

35th Seats

HEY TODD,

COUNT ME IN!!!!!!! NAMES MIKE JUST BOUGHT A 35TH ANNI. THIS WEEK PLAN ON RESTORING IT TO ORIGINAL CONDITION I'M IN TACOMA,WA WHERE WOULD I HAVE TO SHIP MY SEATS TO???? YEAH LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE DIED IN THE CAR AND THE BODY SAT THERE FOR MOUNTHS YUMMY!!!!!!SO YEAH THEY NEED TO BE REDONE :mad:

THANKS
MIKE

tbirdsc35th said:
Todd, Add me to the list. I would like to see the cost of having both front seats and the reat seats done on mine. If you can get me a ball park figure on this source and for sure they will use either suede or the new suede replacement, which is better anyway, I'll put the information on the Registry. I hope this can be a "35th owners rejoice" event finally.

A great week all.

Hey Lance, WWW.LeatherSeats.com said they'd do mine to our specs complete both front and back and the surround for $960 shipped in the door.. Just haven't had the funds to get them all done yet... Maybe these would end up a better deal...

RJ

Hi, RJ.

Yeah that's what they quoted me last summer. I drove my 35th to them and gave them a chance to look at them. I agree that it isn't an outrageous price but remember this is for the covers and then the owner has to work out how they will be put on the seats. If we could find someone who would do the entire seat upholstery and all we would have to do is bolt em in, it would be interesting to see how much they would do it for. We'll see.

Say to hi to everyone.

tbirdsc35th said:
Hi, RJ.

Yeah that's what they quoted me last summer. I drove my 35th to them and gave them a chance to look at them. I agree that it isn't an outrageous price but remember this is for the covers and then the owner has to work out how they will be put on the seats. If we could find someone who would do the entire seat upholstery and all we would have to do is bolt em in, it would be interesting to see how much they would do it for. We'll see.

Say to hi to everyone.

Lance I might have the answer to your question. I am in contact with a guy you can redo the seats, all of them, for cheaper than $950 and they are NOT seat covers. I have seen pics of his, and I do have to say, I had to close my mouth and wipe the drool from my chin. Let me shoot him an e-mail and see if he wants to do more than just mine for me. Oh and he is in Oklahoma also...lol.

Last edited:
It's possible that the term "seat covers" might be misunderstood, they are not "covers" they are the replacement skins they just have to have the old ones taken off and the new ones put on which really, looking at these seats isn't that big of a deal..

but your right Lance, it might be interesting to see the cost of someone doing the whole job.. I'd still like to get all mine done even if I do it before the paint job.. Local shops here on the Florida east coast were talking $900 per front seat... That's a little rich for my blood... Keep me in the loop if we find someone able to do it all, although for me to ship everything off to have it done the cost would probably end up being about the same..

RJ

Yeah guys, lets hope something comes of this.
Stephen, just FYI, if this other person in Oklahoma has the initials M G, be aware that I've dealt with him before. He had me going on getting him doing seats and by the time it was over, I was out $450 and he had bought material he preferred and not what I told him he should buy. Then he tells me he doesn't want to do the seats because they are just too demanding. Just a word of warning unless he has started doing the seats again. We haven't talked since our deal went sour and he lives two houses from me. I just don't want to see anyone get screwed. I'll just sit and hope someone can get a good deal on these. I can't tell you how many times someone will email about the seats on their 35th and I just can't help them. Good luck to all of you.

Have a great weekend all.

tbirdsc35th said:
Yeah guys, lets hope something comes of this.
Stephen, just FYI, if this other person in Oklahoma has the initials M G, be aware that I've dealt with him before. He had me going on getting him doing seats and by the time it was over, I was out $450 and he had bought material he preferred and not what I told him he should buy. Then he tells me he doesn't want to do the seats because they are just too demanding. Just a word of warning unless he has started doing the seats again. We haven't talked since our deal went sour and he lives two houses from me. I just don't want to see anyone get screwed. I'll just sit and hope someone can get a good deal on these. I can't tell you how many times someone will email about the seats on their 35th and I just can't help them. Good luck to all of you.

That would be the one. Lives 2 houses down huh. Damn..small world! I hate to hear about the sour story. Thanks for the heads up. I know coverline has quoted me $300 for 35th covers. But I really don't want covers though. I will keep looking also.

Yeah, sort of figured. Well I don't mean to slam anyone thus only revealing the initials. He and I were doing mustang stuff since 92 and he got into the supercoupes after I bought my 35th. But if a friend of 10 years will turn on you, it doesn't say a lot for his integrity. He does good work when he wants to.

And that 900 per seat isn't surprising. Some outfits figure if we have a car with real pig suede interior then we just have to accept that they will be expensive to replace. Bull. LOL. In fact, I would just as soon have the Ultrasuede or similar material for the inserts for longeity and care. I have talked to car collectors and they all have told me that the difference in using actual pig suede and the suede material used in new cars today isn't going to make that much of a difference to most collectors who would buy them. Naturally original is best if it's still in good shape but the Ultrasuede and others are used in high dollar European cars so that's good enough for me. Anyway I'm with all of you waiting to see how things go.

Just an FYI, it’s really not too difficult to change out the covers in this cars. Just like anything else, take your time if you have never done it before. They are held on with plastic clips and hog rings, slip the plastic clips off and cut the hog rings and carefully slip the cover off. The new ones should go on pretty well if they are made correctly. You can pick up hog ring pliers and rings almost anywhere.

As for price, make sure that you get a quality cover for the money, don’t just shop price.
Ask for fabric samples, Insure that the welt cord will be done in one piece (Not spliced as it runs around the seat), etc... If you guys are do a good size order, ten or so sets, see if they will make up one cover for someone to buy off on. They most likely will want a cover for a pattern and fabric match. There are allot of better materials out there than what Ford used in 35th. and still get the same look.

Just my 2 cents worth (Did Street Rod Interiors in my younger days)

Hey all,

I must apologize for not getting back sooner, but I have been out of town working. (Way more then I want to be too)

Anyhow the name of the shop is Precision auto upholstery. They are located at 150 West 60th St. Minneapolis, MN 55419.

Been working with the owner of the shop and he is going to sell me the entire roll of Ultrasuede Dove Grey and they will perfforate it for us as long as the entire roll is bought. Guessing the roll to be around $50 to $60 a yard perfforated. Then they will have the seats brought into them and put the new seat covers of all new material on the seats. They will reuse whats possible to be reused and dye the leather again if it needs it. They get seats sent to them daily via UPS and send them out UPS. They really dont want to make the seat covers unless the seats are there to put them on. If you want to do it yourself I will let you talk to Daryl, but he does thousands of seats a week and they are very good.

They get all the caddy and h2 jobs from the local dealers and I have not heard one complaint about them. Once the price of the roll is made available and I know how many seats need to be redone so I can calculate yards needed that would be very helpful and much cheaper for all of us.

I need to know how many seats for each person needs to be redone.

If you want to talk to Daryl you can call him at 612-861-4637. He might come off as a brash person, but he's a good guy.

Hope this helps and looking forward to get some final answers from you and him. From you on the number of seats you want redone and from him on the price per roll.

Thanks,

Todd

Ok, looks like the best thing to do is just get the Ultrasuede material and then send out the needed amount to each of you and then YOU are responsible for getting your seat put together and your leather re-worked if needed.

But once again before this can happen I need to know how many seats you need redone so the proper amount of perforated Dove Grey Ultrasuede can be purchased.

If I dont get amounts then simply can't help you.

I can get the Ultrasuede for $75 a yard. Then there will be a shipping charged added to it.

BEFORE ANY OF THIS CAN TAKE PLACE. THE AMOUNT NEEDED MUST BE KNOWN. That means tell me how many seats you need to have redone. If you need all the seats redone it will be 3 yards of material. That is some extra left over with that amount but at least then I know everyone will have enough.

Thanks,

Todd

Yes, 3 yards includes doing all of the seats that are in the car. Both front and both back. Assuming your back splits.

Thanks,

Todd

Back