PDA

View Full Version : Hole In Driver Side Of Tranny???????

lx2sc
04-21-2004, 09:03 PM
Ok I have an 89- Thunderbird SC 5 Speed and while I was tranfering over exhaust(great fun) I looked up at my tranny and there is like a square hole it looks like a plug of some sort should fit there dosent look broke out of anything am I correct in saying there is supposed to be a plug there and if so where could I pick one of these up any help is greatly appreciated Thanks Justin

HSKR
04-21-2004, 09:09 PM
Ok I have an 89- Thunderbird SC 5 Speed and while I was tranfering over exhaust(great fun) I looked up at my tranny and there is like a square hole it looks like a plug of some sort should fit there dosent look broke out of anything am I correct in saying there is supposed to be a plug there and if so where could I pick one of these up any help is greatly appreciated Thanks Justin

I just finished replacing my clutch on my 5-speed. There is supposed to be a rubber plug that goes in there. Pretty sure that hole is just an inspection hole and also used for bleeding the clutch.

lx2sc
04-21-2004, 09:14 PM
Ok now I need to know where I can get one of those rubber plugs and I have no Idea how long the hole has not been covered could this have cause any damage of any kind and again where can I get one does anyone have one on here they would let go Thanks Justin

HSKR
04-22-2004, 12:46 AM
Ok now I need to know where I can get one of those rubber plugs and I have no Idea how long the hole has not been covered could this have cause any damage of any kind and again where can I get one does anyone have one on here they would let go Thanks Justin

Probably did't cause any damage. There's quite a few open holes from the factory in the bell housing area. Just the clutch in there. No fluid or anything to contaminate.